Highlighted
New Member.

Invalid user after renaming it

We're running GW 2014 SP 2 on SLES 11 SP3 OES.
After renaming a user its not possible to access it.
we changed a user's name to have a space in it and can't get into it to remove the space.
In my admin console I've got an error:

*javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: The object is invalid. MyDomain.MyPO.WOB-CT%20707.; remaining name 'MyDomain.MyPO.WOB-CT%20707'

curl -k --user admin:password -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST https://ipofserver:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/domain-name/postoffices/po-name/rename --data '{"objectId":"RESOURCE.dom1.po1.Test Resource","newObjectId":"TestResource"}'

is command at console to rename a resource.
I can't figure out what syntax is correct to rename a user.
Can some one help?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Invalid user after renaming it

Hi,

Try this,

curl -k --user admin:n0v3ll -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST https://10.11.113.220:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/dom1/postoffices/po1/rename --data '{"objectId":"USER.dom1.po1.Test 

User","newObjectId":"TestUser"}'

Obviously naming your domains and post office paths!

Please do let us know how it goes,

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Oh - and the "n0v3ll" is the password for my "Super Admin" user in my test environment - you would have to put in your own username and password there!
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

so just change the dom1 and po1 to the correct names and "test user" to correct name?
When I try that I get object not found

laurabuckley;2422604 wrote:
Hi,

Try this,

curl -k --user admin:n0v3ll -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST https://10.11.113.220:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/dom1/postoffices/po1/rename --data '{"objectId":"USER.dom1.po1.Test 

User","newObjectId":"TestUser"}'

Obviously naming your domains and post office paths!

Please do let us know how it goes,

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try a different browser in the webadmin. I know one works over the other (chrome vs. firefox) with spaces in the URL (name)

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

pretty sure that command is run from terminal
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Correct.. but I don't mean use the browser to run the curl command. Have you tried the other browsers to rename the user from the webadmin?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

There is a known bug in the GroupWise Admin Console that results in it throwing an error with objects with spaces in the names. The only way around this is using the terminal and curl to rename the object to something that doesn't contain a space.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Perhaps you would like to give us your curl command here so that we could take a look.... or else send me a Private Message and we can debug further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just verified that using Firefox I get the error "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: The object is invalid. Groupwise.po.group%201.; remaining name 'Groupwise.po.group%201'"

However I can modify the object just fine in Chrome.. No curl needed

Should also add that I don't have this problem in 2014 R2 with either browser.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shane,

See what Morris Blackham says here: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/495590-Invalid-resource-after-renaming-it?p=2413561#post2413561

This was indeed an issue, but has been addressed with newer code.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just for those who come across this thread... the curl command was sent to me privately. We discovered a minor syntax error. With that corrected the object was renamed successfully - happy days 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.