Captain
Captain

Is it possible to prohibit the display of the Fax Telephone Number in address book?

Jump to solution

(GW 18.2 running on an OES, users are synchronized from an eDirectory by LDAP)

As an GW administrator for some legal reasons I would like to suppress globally the display of the fax number field in the address book, which comes from the Fax Telephone Number attribute in the user object in eDirectory, so that no one can see this field in the address book.

Is it possible to configure this in GW and if yes, how?

If not, would it be possible to suppress the transfer of the Fax Telephone Number attribute during the LDAP synchronization?

Best regards, Uwe.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@uwelabs   Hi Uwe,

The highest level you can do this at is Domain level... in the GroupWise Admin Console go to Domains, select the domain, go to "Address Book" tab and remove "Fax" from the Address Book Fields.  You will need to do this for each domain.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@uwelabs   Hi Uwe,

The highest level you can do this at is Domain level... in the GroupWise Admin Console go to Domains, select the domain, go to "Address Book" tab and remove "Fax" from the Address Book Fields.  You will need to do this for each domain.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi Laura,

your answer is very helpful!
Thank you very much.

Best regards, Uwe.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@uwelabs wrote:

Hi Laura,

your answer is very helpful!
Thank you very much.

Best regards, Uwe.

Hi Uwe,

The way to thank someone who provides a solution is to mark their post as the accepted solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button. This also flags the post so others who may have the same issue can easily spot the solution. 🙂

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Sorry, I did not know about this possibility. But  I made up for it in the meantime.

Best regards Uwe.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.