Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is proxy user list dynamic?

Hi all,

I don't know if this post is in the right place. Think it is client (8.x) related...

Situation
We are currently about to begin moving a large number of users to newly created postoffices. The users will be moved from Groupwise 8.0.2HP3 to Groupwise 12.0.1 (Build Date: 09-06-12). In a test environment we've moved users from one post office to the other and the proxy user list seems to be static.

Question
Is there a way to change the proxy list automatically? I mean the one under the online button.

Any help greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,
Joost Brenters
CNV

Regards, Joost Brenters CNV, Netherlands
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Is proxy user list dynamic?

Hi Joost,

To the best of my knowledge the proxy list is static. If you move a user you will need to manually remove them from the proxy list and re-add them. I find the same thing with multi-user calendars.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is proxy user list dynamic?

On 4/4/2013 6:26 AM, laurabuckley wrote:
>
> Hi Joost,
>
> To the best of my knowledge the proxy list is static. If you move a
> user you will need to manually remove them from the proxy list and
> re-add them. I find the same thing with multi-user calendars.
>
> Cheers,
>
>

Laura is correct - it's static and tends to break with moves.

There is no dynamic or gwcheck process that checks all of these and
rebuilds a list. The proxy list merely represents a snapshot in time. It
may be incomplete, and it may also include accounts that no longer
exists or to which access has been pulled. Think of the proxy list as a
browser bookmark list, and you'll get the idea.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.