Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is the iPhone7 Supported?????

Our company owner just purchased an iPhone7 and he's getting towards nuclear because he cannot get it working with GMS. We are on 2014 R2 Groupwise patched through September I believe, and also with the latest GMS version. I am suspecting iOS 10 is not yet supported, or it is an ActiveSync version issue - iPHone uses a different flavor than the GMS? I am desperate here. I am on vacation for 2 weeks in Europe, and I have to give a definitive answer here as to why we cannot get his phone working. He may not like that it's not yet supported, but if that's what it is, that's it. The president of the company has walked him thru the settings, telling me he's pretty sure all is done correctly, and how come it isn't working??? I don't know, I can't see what they've done so I can only take it on faith they've done all the right settings.

Help!

And what is the version of ActiveSync used with iOS 10 versus what GMS supports ?

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is the iPhone7 Supported?????

iPhone7 should work without problems on GMS. I personally use Android, but my co-worker has a iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1.1 without any problems.
It should be using the ActiveSync protcol version 14.1 if you're on the newer versions (2014) of GMS.

Have you viewed the mobility-agent.log in DEBUG logging while the owner is trying to connect the device, or seen the errors on the device itself while trying to add the account?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is the iPhone7 Supported?????

No I cannot remote in at this time so I cannot review the logs. I will have to schedule a time to do that. We are on the latest version. I have suspected it may be some setting
not being done properly, and they are all missing what it is.

Thanks for the response!

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.