Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
christianlessar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is the "mailbox size" at the bottom gone for good?

As per the title, I noticed that GW8 doesn't display the "mailbox size" in the main interface window at the bottom right like v7. Is this feature completely gone from the interface? I haven't found a way to bring it back...

The reason I ask is in my workplace the HelpDesk tell users to watch the % there and do a cleanup whenever it reaches 80%. Now that this nice indicator is gone in GW8 they won't think about going into "Tools, Check mailbox size" and they'll have problems when reaching 100%, causing more call at the HelpDesk.

Anybody know a way to bring this back or something similar? Thanks!

Christian L.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Is the "mailbox size" at the bottom gone for good?

Hi,

christianlessard wrote:
>
> As per the title, I noticed that GW8 doesn't display the "mailbox size"
> in the main interface window at the bottom right like v7.

Well, mine does, and that of my customers too. Are you by chance using
caching mode now?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
christianlessar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is the "mailbox size" at the bottom gone for good?

I think you are right, we are currently running in a test environment and the settings are probably not the same as production. I had no clue this was related to caching mode! I'll have to test this feature again when we upgrade the "real" backend to 8.0.1 HP1.

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.