Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
bkesting Contributor.
Contributor.

Issues deleting messages in WebAccess 14.2.2

So I ran the "Configuration" for WebAccess 14.2.2. Now in WebAccess, if I try to delete a message, it only disappears if I manually refresh the screen. I have the client open alongside, and when I delete the message in WebAccess it does immediately disappear from within the client, but inside WebAccess it only shows deleted if I refresh. Thoughts???

Also I am also seeing an issue since the update to 14.2.2 (I am on SLES 11 SP4 as well) where I was setup to be able to just enter mail.domain.com and it would automatically forward to https://mail.domain.com/gw/webacc

Now when entering "mail.domain.com" it goes to https://mail.domain.com but does not append the /gw/webacc at the end. I re-ran the WebAccess 14.2.2 "configuration" and restarted all Groupwise services, no help. Also issue persists in every browser.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Issues deleting messages in WebAccess 14.2.2

Hi,

Please check your gw.conf file to see if the redirect is present. Typically found towards the bottom of the file.

You are looking for something that looks like this:

IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_rewrite.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
Rewritecond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}/gw/$1 [NC,R,L]
</IfModule>

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
bkesting Contributor.
Contributor.

I have always had a VirtualServer definition within Apache to handle this. What I have now is the following and it has always worked up until now:

Force Use of SSL
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName "mail.domain.com"
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^\/
RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/gw/webacc [L,R]
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
DocumentRoot "/srv/tomcat6/webapps/gw"
ServerName "mail.domain.com"
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /path/to/ssl.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/ssl.key
SSLCACertificateFile /path/to/CA.crt
Redirect /index.html https://mail.domain.com/gw/webacc
</VirtualHost>
0 Likes
bkesting Contributor.
Contributor.

A follow up to my post immediately prior....in my Apache logs, in my error log when trying to simply access "mail.domain.com" I see the following line:

client denied by server configuration: /srv/tomcat6/webapps/gw/

Is this perhaps a permissions issue since the upgrade?
0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You'll find the tomcat service will run as "tomcat" and Apache will run as "wwwrun"......so if the tomcat directories are 700 and owned by tomcat:tomcat, then apache has no rights to it......

find /srv/tomcat/webapps/ -type d -exec chmod o+rx '{}' \;

Running Configuration for Webaccess normally resolves this issue.....always previously had it if tomcat extracted the WAR (Configuration does this and set rights).

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
bkesting Contributor.
Contributor.

ScorpionSting;2456147 wrote:
You'll find the tomcat service will run as "tomcat" and Apache will run as "wwwrun"......so if the tomcat directories are 700 and owned by tomcat:tomcat, then apache has no rights to it......

find /srv/tomcat/webapps/ -type d -exec chmod o+rx '{}' \;

Running Configuration for Webaccess normally resolves this issue.....always previously had it if tomcat extracted the WAR (Configuration does this and set rights).

under /srv/tomcat6/webapps i have the following permissions:

/gw = tomcat:tomcat 755
gw.war = root:root 777
/gwmon = tomcat:tomcat 755
gwmon.war = root:root 777
0 Likes
bkesting Contributor.
Contributor.

I re-ran the install/config of 14.2.2 and things seem to be operating normally now. Will keep monitoring.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.