Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Issues with DVA on GW 18.1

Posted this in the WebAccess forum, but hasn't gotten any attention. Anyone else having DVA issues after upgrading to 18.1?

bkesting;2491024 wrote:
Recently upgraded GW to 18.1. When I use WebAccess and attempt to view a Word document, I receive the following error:

Unable to view 'filename.docx'

[38445] A failure occurred in the document conversion process. The document cannot be viewed at this time.

Thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Issues with DVA on GW 18.1

Likely related to the new conversion libraries. Do you see (in /var/log/messages) segfaults in kvfilter.so followed by GPFs in kvutil.so? At that point simply restarting gwdva (which would be running at that time) would bring you back to business. For a while. From my experience the issue is not tied to a specific document or document type. I've seen this happening on a simple GWIA accounting text file which could be handled fine just a minute later (after bouncing gwdva).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

mathiasbraun;2491150 wrote:
Likely related to the new conversion libraries. Do you see (in /var/log/messages) segfaults in kvfilter.so followed by GPFs in kvutil.so? At that point simply restarting gwdva (which would be running at that time) would bring you back to business. For a while. From my experience the issue is not tied to a specific document or document type. I've seen this happening on a simple GWIA accounting text file which could be handled fine just a minute later (after bouncing gwdva).

I do see the segfaults. So this is a bug?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Might also be black magic. But i'd opt for a bug in the new conversion engine (first released build without Stellent / Oracle). You should have a core residing in /, you might want to prepare it and open a call referencing SR#101199422971. The more we are, the higher priority will be.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.