Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issues with frequent addressbook in delegated mailbox

Hi all,

First, i'm quite new working with Groupwise.

I'm having the following issue:

I logged in with my own username and password and through the online-button i open a delegated mailbox.

If i compose a new message, i type an emailaddress. This address is not usable the next time, because the address is saved in the delegated mailbox and not accessable from my own account.

Is there something i'm looking over??

Kind Regards,

Arjan Ploeg
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Issues with frequent addressbook in delegated mailbox

Hi Arjan,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question. Great to have you here 🙂

You are not overlooking anything. When you proxy to another mailbox you are working in the data store of the other account, so any data created is stored in that account. I hope I'm making sense?

Please feel free to ask more questions here in the forums.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura,

That is clear to me!

But what my problem is. When composing a new message when in proxied mailbox, i cannot use that frequent addressbook from that proxied mailbox. So.. When composing the message the address is published in the proxied mailbox's frequent addresses, but not usable when proxied..

Is there a workaround for that behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Arjan Ploeg
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Arjan,

Create the Contacts in your Frequent Contacts addressbook. Those addresses will then be available to you when you proxy to another account.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply. The case is that that mailbox is always accessed as proxied mailbox. That is our problem..
When we save the addresses they are saved to the proxied frequent contacts...

Is there a workaround so we can use the frequent contacts from the proxied mailbox or that we can automatic save addresses to the personal frequent contacts, while sending mail from the proxied mailbox?

I hope you understand.. 😉
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Arjan,

As far as I am aware it is not going to work as you want it to work. However, you can create an Addressbook in the account being proxied to. Add all the necessary contacts to that addressbook. Then share the address book with the people who proxy to that account. This will not solve the automatic saving of addresses, but is a workaround.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your quick response!!

I'll take a look at that option.

Thanks,

Arjan Ploeg
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.