peawet08 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LDAP/Active Directory Setup not working for IMAP or WebA

Hi,

I have confirmed these settings are set as described here - https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_guide_admin/data/b1f0s9uy.html

• Make sure both the POA Server and the user workstation are joined to the same Active Directory domain.
  • Make sure the POA has the DNS name specified instead of the IP address in the GroupWise Admin Console > Post Office Agents > select the POA > Agent Settings > TCP/IP Address field.
  • Enable LDAP Authentication in the GroupWise Admin Console > Post Offices > select the PO > Security tab.
  • Select Network authentication (eDirectory or Active Directory) in the Admin Console > Post Office Agents > select the POA > Client Options > Security tab.

I have also ran the commands to add the SPN entires.

I am logged on the system as my user and when I run the Groupwise client I am presented with the Login box asking me for my password.

What am I doing wrong?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

On the GroupWise client... the DNS name of the server the client needs to connect to must match the DNS name entered in the Admin console for the POA. I'd check that.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
peawet08 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2491722 wrote:
Hi,

On the GroupWise client... the DNS name of the server the client needs to connect to must match the DNS name entered in the Admin console for the POA. I'd check that.

Cheers,

Hi Laura,

I can't get it working in my test environment but I applied 18.1.0 to my live environment last night and now my client isn't asking for the password any more 😄

Thanks

Mark
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.