Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LDAP/Groupwise webmail passwords not aligned/syncd or something

I have recently upgraded from GW12.3 to GW18.2.  System is configured to authenticate groupwise through ldap, with changing passwords through groupwise disabled.

Some users report that when logging into webmail, they receive a page that says they have a limited # of grace logins left, they click 'ok' and then get a page that says:

Change Your Password

Your administrator has turned on LDAP authentication. Use your directory services password to access your Online Mailbox. To change your password, use your director services. Please contact your administrator for further details.

then they're kicked out.  The thing is, their password is not expired (verified in iManager).  They have the full allocation of grace logins, and the graces not decrementing when logging in/out.

I've had them change their NDS password using the novell client, see and verify their new password is legit by having them logout/login to directory services.  But webmail continues to give them the above so they're not able to use webmail.  Their accounts in the GWadmin console are successfully synchronized (verified).

It's not everyone, only some.  One staff was brand-new, another has been around forever.  I cant seem to reproduce by creating/using a test user.

I'm not sure where to look/solve.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LDAP/Groupwise webmail passwords not aligned/syncd or something

@jyssupport 

Hi,

Have you tried to dissociate one of the accounts from the eDir/LDAP account and then associate it again?

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: LDAP/Groupwise webmail passwords not aligned/syncd or something

Yes - this had no effect
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.