crisgalante Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LDAP error 34 with GroupWise System Address Book in Outlook

Hi,

I want to connect an Outlook 2016 client to the GroupWise System with ActiveSync. I follow the documentation and I connected the client, but I have problems connecting GroupWise System Address book.

I have the following configuration:

GroupWise System Name: CRISTIAN_MAIL
GroupWise Admin App: Outlook
GroupWise Domain IP Address: 10.201.231.100 (I configured LDAP to the MTA on port 637 with SSL enabled)
GroupWise versión: 2014

In Outlook, I created a new Address Book using the following information:

Selected Internet Directory Service (LDAP) for the address book type
For the Server Name: 10.201.231.100
For Logon Information: cn=Outlook
Password: "password for admin app"
In More Settings > Search: o=CRISTIAN_MAIL

I restarted Outlook client, but when I tried to make a connection I have the following error:

Invalid DN syntax (34)

I tried different configurations, but I could not connect with GroupWise Address book.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Cristian
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LDAP error 34 with GroupWise System Address Book in Outl

Hi Cristian,

Just something that stands out for me... "For Logon Information: cn=Outlook". As far as I'm aware with LDAP authentication you need to provide the full name of the LDAP object being used to authenticate such as "cn=outlook,o=cristian_mail".

It's not evident by your post if you have tried this or not.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.