Highlighted
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Language Pack

Hi Forum,

my goal is to create a client install package (for our customers in different countries) with only the necessary language files. Multi lang package is now at 1,1 gb 😞

I didn't find something in the download area. So i tried to build a "grep" statement which finds all files for one language. But without success ...

i started with
find . -type f | egrep ^.*(ar|pl|cz|dk)\..{3}$

and found files which i'm not sure about if they are language-files or something necessarily needed. Such as:

/zen/wms/nt/wgpocpl.cpl
/win32/vsppl.dll
/win32/vsrar.dll
/win32/vswpl.dll

Ideas are welcome 🙂

Thanks,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Language Pack

Well......first of all.....

the /zen directory doesn't belongs to an GW8 SDD 😉

Second.....

Open a copy of the GroupWise.msi file with something like Orca from
Microsoft.

Look in the table named files

Sort on the row named Component_

Then look at the names in that row.

If a file belongs to a component like *CS*OFViews it means it's for the
chinese language....

That's all I can think of......

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Language Pack

Hi,

thanks for that information. I will try this 🙂

Cheers

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.