Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Last Reference Column in Address Book

Have a user who is trying to clean up his very large address book. I had him add the column in "Last Reference" so he could see when he last used that contact but his column has no information. I have done a structure and contents fix, a structural rebuild and removed the column and replaced it but I can't get it to work.

He is running GroupWise 2012 on a Windows 7 machine. Mine works fine and I don't know why. Is it because I had it "active" in GroupWise 8 before I upgraded to 2012?

Thanks -
Colleen
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Last Reference Column in Address Book

In article <ischernandez.5yxyco@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Ischernandez
wrote:
> I had him add the column in "Last Reference" so he could see when
> he last used that contact but his column has no information.

I hadn't tripped over that function before, so I figured it up for the
first time being on a GW 2012 system, and I got it just fine. Only issue
is that I couldn't sort by that field properly.

Things I would check:
Does this behaviour follow the user. I.e. Try your account on his system
and vice versa. This will help us target our energies either to the user
account if it moves with the user, or the PC if it only happens on that
system for any user.

Andy Konecny
Knowledge Partner (voluntary SysOp)
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75037

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Last Reference Column in Address Book

Hi Colleen,

As an alternative suggestion.... if you open up the Address Book in GroupWise and the select the necessary address book, go to Properties and click on the Options tab, at the bottom of the screen is an option to Delete addresses not referenced within a time period. You can then, for example, delete all addresses that have not been used for 6 months. I'm suggesting this as I find it is easier than to manually check through a large address book for each individual address that has not been referenced for a period of time.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.