rosslm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Linking legacy GW702 with GW802 + Data Synchronizer

I am in the unfortunate situation of having our GW702 environment frozen because the Government department I work for is having it's IT services taken over buy an even bigger Government department, Their aim to save money and migrate to Exchange 2003, LOL. We have implemented GW Exchange Gateway and from reading the documentation it will not work with GW802. I wanted to upgrade to GW802 sooner but the wait for Data Synchronizer proved to be too long. Can I set up a new GW802 based Domain, PO, GWIA and link it to the existing GW702 system so as too get Data Synchronizer Mobile access for accounts in the GW702 Domain as it could be 6-12 months before the final move too Exchange and who knows if I get enough people using Data Synchronizer maybe we can keep GroupWise.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linking legacy GW702 with GW802 + Data Synchronizer

rosslm wrote:

> Can I set up a
> new GW802 based Domain, PO, GWIA and link it to the existing GW702
> system so as too get Data Synchronizer Mobile access for accounts in
> the GW702 Domain as it could be 6-12 months before the final move too
> Exchange and who knows if I get enough people using Data Synchronizer
> maybe we can keep GroupWise.

You wouldn't need a GWIA at all. Install a secondary domain as 7.x
(any SP will do), promote it to primary, upgrade it to 802, install a
new PO, move users from the old PO to the new one. That's the best you
can do.

You can't have a 8.x PO in a 7.x domain, and all users using Mobility
must be in an 802 PO.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
rosslm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

To put it in simple terms will upgrading our existing system from GW702 to GW802 break the GW 7.x Exchange connector

I currently have 3 secondary domains and 31 POs, obviously I would prefer upgrading the whole system to GW802

Thanks
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rosslm wrote:

> To put it in simple terms will upgrading our existing system from
> GW702 to GW802 break the GW 7.x Exchange connector

No idea... might want to ask in the install-setup-admin forum.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.