hschoene Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: MAPI Intergration with applications

yes, I can do it. But there was the first time a client GW 2012 installed. All works fine. Then we upgraded to 2014 R2. Further all works fine. Then we upgraded to GW18, then the application failed. 

0 Likes
fgams Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Try it.

Uninstall GW 18. Install WMS, then install GW18.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Or better, install this instead of the truly ancient WMS.EXE:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39045

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
hschoene Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you, I will try it in the next days. Because the problem occurs within a key-application, the clients are currently frozen to GW2014R2.

0 Likes
NoDau Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

wms is definitely not needed with gw 18.1 anymore. i use the latest public release of groupwise 18.1.1 and windows 10 1903. sending xlsx files from within excel works.

again, set the default email app to groupwise mailto protocol handler and not groupwise client.

clipboard_image_0.png

you should be fine without gms.

Norman
BahSIG Bahn-Signalbau GmbH
0 Likes
markusernst
Visitor.

Hi Norman

We have at least 2 (German) applications which using simple MAPI who are not working with GW 18.1.1 (133172) nor with a newer FTF (gw18.1.2-135027). We have a SR opened and support has confirmed this as bug.

regards

Markus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.