wwilcott
New Member.
1037 views

MTA Problem

I migrated a Netware server to OES11 which handles many things including a groupwise secondary domain (chsgw) and post office.
The problem is after all done I ended up with another secondary domain coqdogw in the same container as chsgw. I don't know how I managed that. coqdogw still shows up in the container it is suppose to be in but with the wrong distiquished name and no post office associated. Post Office is associated in the coqdogw that appeared. This post office and domain keep opening and closing.
What is the right way to move the coqdogw and mta back to there original containers? I tried to rename the mta that is in the correct location but no post office associated but it would not let me. I tried to move the mta that is in the wrong edirectory location to the its rightful place but it would not let me. All of the files are in the right places it is just in edirectory.

thanks
ww
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: MTA Problem

wwilcott,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: MTA Problem

In article <wwilcott.6pya1z@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Wwilcott wrote:
> All of the files are in the right places
> it is just in edirectory.


If it is only the eDirectory side that is out of wack, you should be
able to just move the eDirectory objects in question. If there are any
issues with that, you could always disassociate the GW objects from
eDir and re-associate in the correct places.


Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.