UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MTA delay - How do i force resend of emails.

Hello.

One of our sites was down for a couple of days now that they are back up they are getting new emails, but one of our other sites has a load of emails waiting to be sent from themselves to our mta that is now back up.

I know they will send eventually but is there any way to force it to try to send the emails now. As opposed for it waiting 12 or 24 hours to send them?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Perhaps this is useful: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_mta_optimize_poll_closed.html

In addition to this, I'd check the Link Status on the MTA that is not yet sending "old" mail through.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <booktrunk.7vi5wo@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Booktrunk
wrote:
> One of our sites was down for a couple of days now that they are back up
> they are getting new emails, but one of our other sites has a load of
> emails waiting to be sent from themselves to our mta that is now back
> up.

It should be well less than an hour, so it may well be that either they
are proceeding to send, or that something is stuck.
Using the MTA web console, check the link status. It might take a reset
of the MTA (smack it with the 'Restart MTA' option that is available when
you've logged in to the web console with an admin ID)

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura.

Not sure if it was just timing it decided to send them all around 5 minutes after i posted but then it crashed the MTA saying there were to many connections and the MTA Hung, so just restarted the MTA after this and it was fine.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.