Highlighted
kevinstepper Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MTA shows wrong IP for MTP link

Hi,

since a recent migration, which failed and we had to re-activate the old server, my MTA web monitor shows me the wrong IP address on the MTP link to the postoffice

The MTA Log has this entry, also with the wrong IP address

gwpo-ipS1: Unable to open connection 0x8925. Address = [wrong IP Address], Port = 7101

The objects in Console one all have the correct IP address and the link configuration in Console one also show the wrong IP configuration.

Where else can I make sure that my link from MTA to PO uses the correct IP address?

THanks

kevin
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
kevinstepper Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: MTA shows wrong IP for MTP link

Solved.

So in Console One I had the correct IP address and I had restarted grpwise several times, but the MTA still tried to use the wrong address and could not connect to PostOffice.

Changed the Link configuration in Console One to the wrong IP address and restarted groupwise.

Then changed link configuration in Console One to the correct IP address and restarted groupwise again.

Problem solved.

The logic however evades me.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: MTA shows wrong IP for MTP link

In article <kevinstepper.880hhc@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Kevinstepper
wrote:
> Changed the Link configuration in Console One to the wrong IP address
> and restarted groupwise.
>
> Then changed link configuration in Console One to the correct IP address
> and restarted groupwise again.
>
> Problem solved.
>
> The logic however evades me.

Logic is actually fairly simple, part of the system knew the new IP while
parts knew the old, which was the road block. Getting them all pointing
to the old IP got things syncing so that the change to the new IP could
flow properly to all the points it needs to be.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.