Highlighted
New Member.

MTA vs LDAP

SLES10sp4/OES2sp3 upgraded from 8 to 2012, now I see this in the MTA log. I see no where in the MTA or Domain to add this.

12:00:24 B19F Start eDirectory user synchronization.
12:00:24 B19F Error: No LDAP Server Address is specified
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: MTA vs LDAP

Got it, in Edir User Sync config.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

It is still not working. Maybe Ive got something wrong. However the list I see of LDAP servers looks very old. Seems to reflect servers that have been gone for a long time. Also I don't see any of the more recent servers in the list. Thoughts?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Where are you seeing these LDAP servers - in the log files or in the actual ConsoleOne GroupWise system configuration of LDAP servers?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

In the ConsoleOne GroupWise system configuration of LDAP servers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You will need to update the LDAP servers specified and configured if you want LDAP and eDir user sync to work.

Perhaps also take a look at this document: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_admin/data/akb1pzj.html#hzy11617

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I used that document to set this sync deal up. I got into "Configure Ldap servers" and it looked familiar of course. We previously never messed with LDAP, and these servers were likely populated via some automated process on an older version of GroupWise. That's my best guess anyway. I am configuring all of them now, and IO bet it will work when I am done. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Works great!

15:30:44 B1B7 Start eDirectory user synchronization.
15:30:44 B1B7 Connecting to LDAP server LDAP Groupwise for other mail servers at address groupwise.lc.local
15:30:44 B1B7 Checking LC_Mail.groupwise_po.xxxxxxx
15:30:44 B1B7 Checking LC_Mail.groupwise_po.xxxxxxx

(~1700 more lines)

15:30:49 B1B7 Checking WWTP_DMN.WWTP_PO.xxxxxxx
15:30:49 B1B7 Checking WWTP_DMN.WWTP_PO.xxxxxxx
15:30:49 B1B7 eDirectory user synchronization finished.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

So glad that you got it working. Thanks for posting back and letting us know how you solved your issue - that way we all learn 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.