Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mail Icons

Hello,

whats the trick with the modified mail icons in the GW Mailbox ?
Is this an internal function or could this be influenced from the mail content?

Regards

Heiko
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Mail Icons

Hi Heiko

As far as I am aware the modified mail icons are influenced from the mail content and can not be edited in the GroupWise client.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Laura,
thx for reply, i think its cool feature.
Do you know where i can find deeper informations how this works?
Its interesting to use for different internal mails.
Regards
Heiko
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HI Heiko

I honestly don't think that it is possible to edit the mail icons for internal mail. Perhaps someone else will come along with a cool way to do this, but I don't think that it's possible!

I will do a bit more digging for you and will post back if I find anything.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,
that you do not missunderstand me, i dont mean the groupwise internal mails.
We have some system (ERP, CRM,...) beside groupwise, that send mails to groupwise.
And if i understand you correct, i only need to modify the the correct content of the mail from our CRM System for exampel, then the user has a special icon for mails from our CRM.
Regards
Heiko
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Heiko

I do apologize for the misunderstanding 😞

I would suggest that you contact your CRM vendor to find out if this is possible with their system.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,
if i ask the vendor, he asks what he should add to the mail.
Is this a standard tag in HTML Mails? Thats what i am searching for.
Regards
Heiko
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Heiko

Which CRM system are you using? That way I can do more refined research.

If memory serves me correctly it is not an HTML tag but rather a change in the definition of the "Message Class" and the associated icon with the "Class"

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Laura,
CRM was just an example.
But i try to figure out something more with your keywords about the message class.
Thx for replies
Regards
Heiko
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HI Heiko

Good luck with your ventures. Please feel free to post back here your lessons learnt/success etc so that we can all learn.

Thank you 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I'd guess that they are internal to the GroupWise client (it knows if they are internal, opened, high priority, external SMTP, notes etc) and can show the appropriate icon.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_userwin/data/getstart_itemicons.html

HTH.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.