NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mail Loops from Rule on Generic Account

Hi All, I have a generic account that we have an auto-reply on. We also broadcast from this generic account using a mail out software that relay s off the GWIA. In the mail out, I can change the return path of the email to ne noreply@domain which works fine but every now and then an outsiders email has an out of office set up which will get stuck in a loop with the generic account. I have "Allow rules to loop" enabled on the GW Client options so that it replied to every message that comes in, otherwise what happened before was if the same person sent more than 1 email it would only respond to the initial email. Even others with different subjects would not provoke a reply. So I understand that this option is why the loop is occurring, but is there a way to change the reply-to for the rule so that any response to the rule goes to noreply@domain. Alternatively, are there any GWIA settings that can be implemented to help this out? Or even if there is another way to configure the rule so that it will reply to all messages even if the subject changes, yet not get stuck in a loop? Apologies if the above is confusing. Thanks Dave
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dave,

I'd try and modify the rule like "Subject does not contain RE:" or some such.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.