Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mail Profile question

If I go to the Control Panel and select Mail 32 bit, there is a Profile for Novell.
Is there any way to automate purging that profile?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mail Profile question

I did find a registry key that might be what I need, but if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Novell GroupWise\
Not sure if it is OK to purge this sub-folder to remove the Novell Profile.
If I delete the key it does remove the Profile, but is that too Brute Force of a method?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dkamp wrote on 09.12.2015 20:16:
> Is there any way to automate purging that profile?

Why?
It's the MAPI profile. If you kill it, MAPI apps will no longer find Groupwise.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are in process of Migrating to Office 365.
When Outlook is loaded we get this error:

" Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service gwmsp1.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. "
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dkamp,

if the desired goal is indeed to just get rid of the profile, delete HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Windows Messaging Subsystem/Profiles/Novell GroupWise

HTH
Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.