michaelhuber Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mail merge solution

Hello,

Situation:
We want to create a mail merge (not email merge). The base shall be a gw-addressbook.
First hurdle: How to use the contacts in Word (or any other word processing program). I found a "formativ"-solution, very convenient, but not all fields are exported, i.e. "category". So the only way is to export to a csv and use that in Word. Everything has to be done manually. Very inconvenient.

Next hurdle: The base shall not only be a whole gw-addressbook, but also just the contacts with a certain category.
As far as I can see there is no way to even display certain contacts with a defined category in gw, not to mention to export them.
I would use Word to filter the contacts, but Word has no appropriate filter function, namely a "contains"-filter, which is essential, because the "category" field has a lot of keywords in it.

So I have no choice but using Outlook (2007), which is quite buggy in Windows 7 x64 when connected to gw.

I can't believe there is no solution for this problem. I would appreciate anything, even other applications, that would give us a smooth workflow.

Until now, we are using a third party address management tool, which means to maintain two sources with the same content - one for mail merge (that is the 3rd party tool) and one for email merge (that is gw).

Before I start to program a solution that filters a csv and give that to Word, maybe someone has a hint for me.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
schleissheimer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Mail merge solution

michaelhuber;2162074 wrote:

Before I start to program a solution that filters a csv and give that to Word, maybe someone has a hint for me.

Hi, I did a a php script some time ago which reads
telephone numbers over SOAP from the POA and writes
it to a csv, maybe you can use this as a starting point...
(After that I bring the csv to and ldap server... script also on the side)

poa_to_csv [myThings][/url]

cu SveN
0 Likes
michaelhuber Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mail merge solution

Schleissheimer;2162092 wrote:
Hi, I did a a php script ...

Quite interesting, thank you. I will keep that in mind.

But I still hope there is a solution out there, even if it's part of a CRM tool.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.