Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Many duplicate Directory on groupwise Client 18.2.1 newest Version

i was effray this morning, finding on groupwise Client 18.2.1 a many duplicates Directory on my Desktop.

GW18.2.1 is installed on oes2018.2 with all new patches.

Yesterday all was good, this morning without any running Tasks, the Desaster.

i have open a sr and wait of Support, before delete all duplicates directories (over 50)

Thanks for help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Many duplicate Directory on groupwise Client 18.2.1 newest Version

Hi @greiner ,

so your GroupWise Cient is the only client which accesses your mailbox? No mobile device, no application which is near to Outlook?

In my eyes this seems to be a typical non-GroupWise client problem. To be more precise some apps do not understand i.e. existing search folders in GroupWise. Because they do not understand this feature  they create a new folder instead of ignoring. Each time again. That's i.e. a typical situation why duplicate folders will be created. For this case there are a lot of TIDs available - you need a gwcheck with option deldupfolders (this is one of many TIDs: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7003243).

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.