ndr1
Visitor.

Marking of external messages

Jump to solution

Is it possible for the Internet Agent or the post office / domain to mark messages as external for instance in the subject line so that users know that the email came from outside of groupwise?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Marking of external messages

Jump to solution

Hello,

Natively, GroupWise does not have this ability.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Natively, GroupWise does not have this ability.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
ndr1
Visitor.

Jump to solution
Thanks
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

GWIA itself won't do this. I normally configure the frontside instance (i.e. firewall) to do so or at least add some sort of x-flag which a rule could act upon.

You can also create a rule like "item type is mail / view name is "internet" / subject contains <anything>" which should identify stuff coming in via GWIA. You won't be able to modify the subject, but you could add a category to colour the message up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
ndr1
Visitor.

Jump to solution
That's a great Idea, color would be even easier to identify versus text in the subject line.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

You don't need any additional software for that. Just create a rule that acts on the view name being "Internet", and colorizes the message.

CU,

Massimo

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.