Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Messenger Client 3.0 Windows not starting

Hi Guys,

i installed the Messenger 3.0- The Server is running fine and if i use an old Client (2.2.0) or the skypro Kommunicator or the Android APP, it works. When i try to start the Windows 3.0 Client on different Systems it hangs while schowing Connecting to "Server:8300". I have no error message in the Log files.

Could you help me with this Problem?

Best Peter
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Messenger Client 3.0 Windows not starting

Additional information, the Webserver https://"Server":8300 ist working. The client shows after a few minutes that the Messenger Server is not responding. And yes, we are using SSL.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Solved, i used my old certificate which was created with the old manual. So it was not 2048 bit. I createt a new one --> it works.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

So glad that you have it figured out. Thank you very much for posting your solution - that way we all learn.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yeah, I had the same problem. It would be helpful if the documentation mentioned that you will probably need to create new certificates for the 3.0 client to connect.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yeah, Messenger 3.0 uses openssl 1.01, and that version of openssl has issues with 512bit certificates and TLS1. Quick fix is to use a stronger certificate.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.