Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Messenger: How do a unattended install at W10? (Without Administrator rights)

Updated GW and Messenger to 18.2.1

Messenger offers new client, Ok. But the User is not able to install because he has no admin rights at the !@#$%@#%^ Windows box ...

How did you solve this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Messenger: How do a unattended install at W10? (Without Administrator rights)

> !@#$%@#%^ Apologies, but I don't read German. Maybe you had better stick to English in these forums. . . . ;-)
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Messenger: How do a unattended install at W10? (Without Administrator rights)

Sorry, for my bad english ...

But maybe it cloud be an idea to get international forums if MF will be an international company ... 😉

I think that today a normal user in an normal company does not have administrator rights at his Windows. Do you agree?

If you agree, it should be normal for a software vendor to build packages that can be updated without hassle, at least if the software has in integrated update mechanism for the client.

Just now the way is: You update the Messenger and the User get an message 'There is a newer client. Do you wish to update?' If the user choose the update, the update fails because it is missing the admin creds ...

Perfect ... ends in an **bleep**storm at the helpdesk ...

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.