aspi
Frequent Visitor.

Messenger Problems

Hi, we are having a few problems with our GW Messenger.

I upgraded from 18.0.2 to 18.1.1 recently because the service stopped running and we had to restart it.

After patching the server OES 18 and updagrading the Messenger to 18.1.1 a lot of users could not log in anymore. To solve this problem I have to dissociate and then associate their Messenger Accounts with their GroupWise Account again.

So this is my first question: Can I dissociate and then associate all users at once somehow?

After the upgrade there is still the problem that the Messenger Service stops working, noone can log in, but it is still running on the machine. We have to manually restart the Messenger Service because it can´t be detected that it is not working anymore. This happens almost every day.

We can´t see anything in the logs. Does anyone have an idea where to check for the solution of this problem?

My third question is: We have a few GWPOs which users should have a Messenger Account and a few which should not.

Are all new GroupWise Users added to Messenger? Is there a way to set this which new users should get a Messenger Account? It seems that sometimes it adds the wrong new Accounts and sometimes it doesn´t add the right ones.

Thank you, Anke

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.