iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Messenger and Mobility

I recently setup GW Enterprise Messaging with GW18 and the Messaging 18. I want to allow the Mobility users (only) to run the mobile app as they are the only authorized users to have access to Groupwise via a mobile device and the reason we are implementing Messaging. I am not able to find any documentation on how to set up Messaging app use for only my Mobility users (they are in an eDirectory group). I also cannot find how to securely configure access to allow their devices to message into the messaging server (which is also the main GW sever) or best practices on this type of a setup. We do have a firewall in front of everything on the network. I am very serious about security and want to make sure this access is done right.

Does anyone have any info or can anyone point me to some documentation? I have read over the Messenger documentation already and didn't find specific info related to my needs.

It seems that Messenger does not allow you to work with any user groups, only enable per user? Will this change? For now I went into the GWAdmin console to Messenger, MessengerService, Policy link and created a new policy for allowing just the mobility group to use the mobile app and I suppose I have to set that as the Policy ID for each mobile user.

Appreciate any input - thanks!

Kind regards,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
schleissheimer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Messenger and Mobility

iliadmin;2491594 wrote:
I am not able to find any documentation on how to set up Messaging app use for only my Mobility users (they are in an eDirectory group).

It is not possible to create a messenger-only-user which authenticates against eDirectory.
Feel free to vote:
https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/14428

cu Sven
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Messenger and Mobility

Well, that's a total bummer! I can't roll this out then. 😞

I'll cast my vote to get this added. I would thin security like this would just be standard.

Thanks for the response!

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.