Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Microsoft Surface Pro

I understand that the Suface Pro is not supported for the GW client. However, we have gotten it to work on a couple of them. On a third it does not retain the view settings. For example it does not leave the cabinet in the expanded view after shutdown and restart. Any ideas on how to make it retain the view settings? A registry hach perhaps.

Thanks,
Bill
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro

In article <58A2CD54.E7CB.0028.3@pubpress.com>, Billp@pubpress.com wrote:
> I understand that the Surface Pro is not supported for the GW client.
> However, we have gotten it to work on a couple of them. On a third
> it does not retain the view settings. For example it does not leave
> the cabinet in the expanded view after shutdown and restart. Any
> ideas on how to make it retain the view settings? A registry hack
> perhaps.

Hi Bill

I haven't really played with any of the Surface Pros. Are they all the same version
with the same version of Windows?
Which build of the client have you been trying? If it is one of the older ones,
getting the most resent version of the 2012 client code (sp4) was released about the
same time as Windows 10, so there is a much better chance of it working well than
earlier versions of the GW 2012 client code.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show your
appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.