Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1189 views

Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

I am migrating from GW12 to GW 14. The destination server is OES 11 sp1 VM running on a XEN host. I successfully migrate and upgrade the domain and the post office but can not get the gwia to communicate with the MTA. I have even deleted the migrated GWIA and created a new one with no success. Any help will be appreciated.

GWIA connect to the MTA to receive messages but the Send connection does not start.

Thanks,

Joe
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

joesiciliano wrote:

> GWIA connect to the MTA to receive messages but the Send connection does not
> start.


Does it work if you change the MTA port to 0 so that it uses file transfer only?
I find that sometimes switching to file transfer, and then back to MTP will fix
a stuck GWIA. Of course, unless you are using multiple GWIAs for failover, MTP
for the GWIA really isn't at all necessary.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

dzanre;2325805 wrote:
joesiciliano wrote:

> GWIA connect to the MTA to receive messages but the Send connection does not
> start.


Does it work if you change the MTA port to 0 so that it uses file transfer only?
I find that sometimes switching to file transfer, and then back to MTP will fix
a stuck GWIA. Of course, unless you are using multiple GWIAs for failover, MTP
for the GWIA really isn't at all necessary.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...


I guess I'm confused then. The GWIA is running but is showing no Message Conversion Threads or SMTP threads running Idle or otherwise. When I try to send email to outside addresses I get a "Transfer Failed " error messages on the client. Never seems to get to the GWIA at all.

Thanks for the help.

Joe
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

joesiciliano wrote:

> I guess I'm confused then. The GWIA is running but is showing no Message
> Conversion Threads or SMTP threads running Idle or otherwise. When I try to
> send email to outside addresses I get a "Transfer Failed " error messages on
> the client. Never seems to get to the GWIA at all.


If it were me, I'd just delete the GWIA and recreate. Write down any important
settings, like relay host, hostname, etc.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

dzanre;2326112 wrote:
joesiciliano wrote:

> I guess I'm confused then. The GWIA is running but is showing no Message
> Conversion Threads or SMTP threads running Idle or otherwise. When I try to
> send email to outside addresses I get a "Transfer Failed " error messages on
> the client. Never seems to get to the GWIA at all.


If it were me, I'd just delete the GWIA and recreate. Write down any important
settings, like relay host, hostname, etc.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...


Tried that. Still no joy. DVA was not starting. Fixed that. With all agents and gateways up and running, using direct link or tcp/ip link, outbound messages don't get to the gwia. Send status shows "transfer failed." Verbose logs on POA or GWIA show no indication of errors. MTA shows messages send to agents and gateways.

Thanks,

Joe
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

Hi Joe,

Are you sure that your GWIA is bound to port 25 and that the port has not been "hijacked" by postfix running on the server where the GWIA is?

I'm not in front of a server right now, but I think the commend is: netstat -plan | grep 25

Let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Migrated GWIA Message Transfer Status for Send blank

Hi,

Try this command for better results: netstat -peanut | grep -i :25 | grep -i listen

Perhaps post the output here for us -thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.