jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Migrating GW8 system to new servers

Going to be moving a GW system, GW8.0.3, to from SuSE10 to SuSE11. System consists of 2 servers, I running primary and secondary domain with 2 post offices, 2 server runs secondary domain and gwia and webaccess. Their is a server in the dmz running webaccess agent with a purchase certificate. What I plan to do is just scp the data over to the new servers and reinstall and configure the agents on the new boxes. My question has to do with the server in the dmz. We plan to leave it as is, and I was told that all that was needed to do is reinstall the webaccess on the new box and copy the commgr.cfg from the new server to the location on the dmz server so it knows what to point too. No ip addresses are changing as well. Wanted to see if that sounds about right or if I am missing a step to get the webaccess server in the dmz to correctly still work after the migraiton.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrating GW8 system to new servers

Little more info on issue. GroupWise 8 Webaccess application is running on web server in dmz. The agent runs on the SuSE10 server along with the secondary domain it is associated too. Moving the domain and to new SuSE11 server, so plan was to reinstall the webaccess agent on the new suse11 server and the new commgr.cfg file it creates, copy that to the existing web server and make sure rights are alike. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything here.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.