Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Migrating GroupWise 8.0.3HP3 NW65SP8 to SLES 11SP2/OES11SP1

We are migrating GroupWise 8.0.3 HP3 from a 8-node cluster on NetWare 6.5 SP8 to a 8-node cluster on SLES 11 SP2 /OES 11 SP1, with Novell Cluster Services and NSS
We have followed the migration procedures recommended in the manuals and several pages of Novell support.
The migration of the domains is entirely successful. However, after migrating the post office the users can´t access to the post offices.

The post office agent constantly reported the following message:

15:14:54 F43D The database function 14 reported error [8209] on ngwguard.db
15:14:54 F43D C/S Login Windows Net Id=xxx.BCV ::GW Id=xxx :: 172.24.58.174
15:14:54 F43D The database function 44 reported error [C05D] on user6bi.db

We have followed several actions recommended in the Novell support site, TID, support forums, etc. , but the problem still.

Any help or documentation related to this case, would be welcome.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Migrating GroupWise 8.0.3HP3 NW65SP8 to SLES 11SP2/OES11

Hi

Quick question.... when migrating your data from NetWare to Linux did you use the DBCopy option to convert all file names to lowercase?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good point!
I have transferred all the post officce data from the NetWare volume to the SLES/OES cluster resource with WinSCP.
I´ll make a test with DBCOPY.
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Take a look at this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3407855

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It´s works!
Thanks Laura

1.- Mount the NetWare volume where the post office is located in the Linux file system
2.- Use DBCopy to copy the post office directory from the NetWare volume to the new NSS volume/directory on the Linux server.
3.- In ConsoleOne update the location information for the post office.
4.- Start the GroupWise POA daemon with cluster options (gwha.conf)

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Awesome stuff 🙂 So glad that everything is working for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.