Highlighted
New Member.

Migrating Server from SLES to Windows

Hi,

at the moment I have installed Groupwise 2014.0.2 on an SLES11 (on Vmware) and 25 clients (Windows), AD only.
Now the long-awaited SSO for AD comes with GW2014R2, but unfortunatly only, if the POA-server runs on a AD-integrated Windows-server...

So, if want this feature, I have to migrate my server from SLES to Windows.

But what do I have to expect from a GW-server running on Windows? Are there any known issues, which will only occure on Windows? Will I regret the migration soon?

Thanks für your input
Philipp
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrating Server from SLES to Windows

No making promises on time frame, but we are starting to work on SSO for AD for Linux POA's. It should be ready some time this year, so if you can hold off moving to Windows til then......

--Morris

>>> verkehrsverbund<verkehrsverbund@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 1/20/2016 3:36 AM >>>

Hi,

at the moment I have installed Groupwise 2014.0.2 on an SLES11 (on

Vmware) and 25 clients (Windows), AD only.

Now the long-awaited SSO for AD comes with GW2014R2, but unfortunatly

only, if the POA-server runs on a AD-integrated Windows-server...

So, if want this feature, I have to migrate my server from SLES to

Windows.

But what do I have to expect from a GW-server running on Windows? Are

there any known issues, which will only occure on Windows? Will I regret

the migration soon?

Thanks für your input

Philipp

--

verkehrsverbund

------------------------------------------------------------------------
verkehrsverbund's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=81913

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=496434
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Morris,

good news, great to hear.

So I will wait (if my users don't grumble too much...:p). Hoping you really finish this feature in 2016...

Thanks, Philipp
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Good to know!
I have started with a second domain and postoffice running on a windows 2012R2 server. The plan is the to move users from linux po to windows po.
Customer is waiting a long time for this feature 😞
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.