Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Missing MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL after client install

The installer of GroupWise 2014 R2 SP1 client on our Windows Server 2012 R2 Server (running Citrix) removed the MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL files from the C:\Windows\System32 folder. The result is the incapacity of login on anymore with Citrix clients or RDP clients and also throwing missing dll errors on the Win7LookAndFeelStartupApp.exe file while login on directly at the Windows server console.

The solution is to restore those 2 files from backup and reboot the server (we had to reboot the server twice in our case).

Please fix the client install so it doesn't do this and... therefore prevent heart attacks.

Snafaru
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Missing MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL after client insta

Hi Snafaru,

Kindly note that these forums are by the community and for the community and thus are not officially monitored by Micro Focus employees. Should you wish to make your concerns known to Micro Focus engineers then you will need to contact them directly, possibly via opening a Service Request.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Missing MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL after client install

the FTF 124490 should fix this issue. You have to open a SR to get this.
But I just saw that there is another bug during install of
VCredist_2013_x64.

Regards
Ullrich

Am 10.08.2016 um 17:36 schrieb snafaru:
>
> The installer of GroupWise 2014 R2 SP1 client on our Windows Server 2012
> R2 Server (running Citrix) removed the MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL
> files from the C:\Windows\System32 folder. The result is the incapacity
> of login on anymore with Citrix clients or RDP clients and also
> throwing missing dll errors on the Win7LookAndFeelStartupApp.exe file
> while login on directly at the Windows server console.
>
> The solution is to restore those 2 files from backup and reboot the
> server (we had to reboot the server twice in our case).
>
> Please fix the client install so it doesn't do this and... therefore
> prevent heart attacks.
>
> Snafaru
>
>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the same problem after installing on hosts GW 2014 R2 2.1.HP1 - Client version 14.2.1-124595. Iprint doesn't start - missing msvcp120.dll. I thought that problem was fixed in version 124490, but it is back in 124595. I instal GW client using Zenworks like is shown in this manual https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_interop/data/interop_zen_config_mgt.html. Reinstalling Iprint (version 6.06) solved the problem in test enviroment, but it is a problem when deploying GW to large number of hosts.

Chris
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Chris,

Perhaps this TID will point you in the right direction: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7017858

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris

I just want to thank you for the workaround. We ran into the exact same problem with GW 2014 R2 2.1.HP1 - Client version 14.2.1-124595. Iprint doesn't start - missing msvcp120.dll. I had found the TID Laura mentioned but it doesn't really help because we're obviously installing a newer version. I can confirm that installing the new iPrint client 6.06 seems to work well for the moment. At least till they get it sorted out.

Cheers
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As far as I am aware a fix for this available in an FTF version of the GroupWise client. You may obtain this by opening a Service Request.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.