Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Missing boxes on send to *

We use Groupwise as out communication medium for important announcements. This week we noticed that it is skipping users when we address to *. Gets most of the users but seems to stop about 3/4 the way through, going alphabetical.

We are using 8.0.3 HP3 on a SuSE 10 SP3/OES2.0.2 SP2 server. We are upgrading to 2014 and SuSE 11 after budget passes.

Running a PO database Analyse/Fix now, the Validate on both the PO and Domain passed.

Anyone have any experience with this in the past.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Missing boxes on send to *

Hi,

Just a quick question - why don't you create a distribution list? Far cleaner solution in my opinion.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2344008 wrote:
Hi,

Just a quick question - why don't you create a distribution list? Far cleaner solution in my opinion.

Cheers,

Yes, it would, if we could maintain the list. We currently have about 1450 active mailboxes and new employees each week.

Is there a way to automate the adding of users to a distribution list?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

OK, I now have a better understanding of the challenge that you face. I'm not sure about automatically adding users to a distribution list. Let me think about it for a while and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Do you have more than one Post Office in your system? If so, the default wildcard addressing is limited to the Post Office. Perhaps change this to "Unlimited" and give it a try.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.