nebben Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Monitor on SLES10SP3 wont save email notification fields

I'm running a stock/patched install of SLES10SP3 with GW802 monitor.

If via the web management console I go to Preferences/Setup and enter a single address or multiple addresses and click submit, any change made will disappear.

If click Options , I can enter single or multiple notification addresses and when I click submit, it retains the changes.

If I restart rcgrpwise-ma , all changes are lost.

Can anyone else out there report back if they can actually get notification addresses to stick in the GW802 Monitor web app?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Monitor on SLES10SP3 wont save email notification fields

Yes, but it's a known bug in 8.0.1 and apparently they've still not fixed it in 8.0.2
Sigh

I THINK I got it to work, but you had to use the other console (there's two management consoles for Monitor). I can't remember which one I had to use.
Either that or NTS had me edit the config file directly. I'll have to dig up the SR though.

But yes, I've had the same thing happen and Novell duplicated it, but we did eventually get it to work either using the other console or editing the config file directly. I just can't remember which.
0 Likes
nebben Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wow.

A monitor feature that can't let you know when something is broken.

They might want to just yank the whole "monitor" package out of future releases if the program can't do 50% of its intended function: monitoring and notifying. I'll install the Windows one again and go through the trauma of having to log into the box, map domain, run monitor app manually...etc.

Thanks for the response though kjhurni , I do appreciate it 🙂
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* nebben wrote, On 10/13/2010 10:36 PM:
> I'll install the Windows one again and go
> through the trauma of having to log into the box, map domain, run
> monitor app manually...etc.
>

I use auto admin logon on the windows box for that and put the monitor lnk in the startup folder. Monitor coexists peacefully with my Blackberry server on one machine and will come up automatically if the server gets rebooted.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.