Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Month view not switching to next month

Hello, running GW8HP1. If you open up the month view (doesn't matter if in
separate window or main view, or with or without calendar), and you're able
to see in the following month the same day (for instance today is March 4th
and I can see on the last row of the calendar Apr 4th), and I click the
right arrow to go to the next month, it doesn't switch to April, it just
goes to the greyed out April 4th on that same screen.

Same idea if I just click on April 4th or 3rd instead of using the next
month arrow.

It does not do this in GW703HP1 client (nor should it...).

Back end is GW8HP1 on NW65SP8.

Just me or a bug? Is it already reported?

Cheers
James

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
gregamy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Month view not switching to next month

Today is the 5th for me. If I go to the month view and ensure that today is picked (or choose the "Today" button), then select the arrow, I get the 5th of next month (the month changes). However, if I pick the 4th, then the arrow, it does as you describe above.

If, on the other hand, I pick a date later than what is shown at the bottom (the 6th, for example), the view moves to the next month. In other words, the ONLY time it does NOT switch to the next month when I select the arrow is if I pick a numerical date that IS shown at the bottom of the calendar.

This is probably related to the fact that the calendar will no longer switch to the next month when you select a date from next month at the bottom of the calendar (in case you never noticed this, go to calendar view in your v7 client and select the April 4th block; it will switch to April.) I never like this, because it caused a lot of confusion with my user base; it was far too easy to accidentally click one of those dates and switch months without noticing.

Don't know if this is expected behavior, but it's consistent. - GA

Greg Amy GroupWise Admin Hartford (CT) Hospital
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.