lewa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Move GW8 to new subnet - is it as simple as changing the IP?

Hi All,

Apologies if I have posted this twice. I could see my original posting.

I have an old GW8 server which is primarily running as a repository of data for user and resource accounts that we did not migrate to the university's central email service Office 365.

The server runs in our virtual environment which are are working toward decommissioning. I would like to move the GW8 vm to the new virtual environment which is on a different subnet and maintain the current access: webaccess and groupwise client.

Is the move a matter of changing the server IP address, update of the DNS table and MX record?

Have I missing something?

regards
Alan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
lewa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Move GW8 to new subnet - is it as simple as changing the

Forgot to mention, the server is a SLES 10 SP3 with OES 2 SP3 and eDir 8.8 sp6
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alan,

What I suggest you do is if you have set your agents to bind exclusively to a dedicated IP then remove that setting which will, as far as I am aware, bind the GroupWise agents to available IP's on the server. Move/migrate your GroupWise system and then set Bind Exclusive to the new IP addresses. Don't forget to edit your link configuration.

Some high level steps are outlined here: https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7013085

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
lewa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura,

I'll post post back any issues that we encounter.

regards
Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.