Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
pmacjr
Visitor.

Moved PO from NW to OES2 and now email is not flowing

We migrated a GW 8.02 Sp2 Post Office and Secondary domain from Netware to OES2 10 Sp3. Our GWIA and Webaccess are located another Netware 6.5 sp8 server in the same network. I updated all of the GW system with the latest GW 8.02 HP3 update.

None of the users in the OES2 post office can send or receive email to the outside. They can send to all internal GW users. They can login to Webaccess which is on the same MTA as GWIA

I have made sure that the GWIA has the correct PO info and that the POA for OES2 server has the correct paths and IP address with Bind Exclusive set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks, pmj
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
darkwingemm1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moved PO from NW to OES2 and now email is not flowing

Go into the links section on the MTA's http page, does it show any links down? Can you hit the http pages for all the Post Offices and MTAs? When you go into the links page, look to see if there's a backlog of messages. Perhaps one of the agents didn't get it's IP address updated correctly, so you may need to rename and rebuild a wpdomain. Since you moved the agents from NetWare to Linux, did you leave the GWIA running in UNC mode and now the MTA can't access the GWIA directory for mail delivery? You may need to convert from UNC to TCP/IP.
0 Likes
pmacjr
Visitor.

I checked the Links for all of the domains. They are set to Direct and tcpip. I did a top down rebuild on the domains and PO's. The GWIA was not in UNC mode. The GWIA is on a secondary domain on another Netware 6.5 Sp8 server. We have a Primary domain on another server and a post office which is also Netware 6.5 Sp8. I have sent email from the outside to a user that is on that PO that is on the OES2 server and I can see it come in to the GWIA and it states that is is queuing to the MTA.

It is very strange, Any other suggestions to look for?

Thanks,

Thanks, pmj
0 Likes
Absent Member.

But do any of the links show as closed?
You may have a bad message in one of the queues then, preventing deliver in either direction. On the GWIA, are messages queued up in the wpcsin directory or any other GWIA directory, send, receive, wpcsin, wpcsout? Does the GWIA's owning MTA, show a backlog in either the MSLOCAL, or wpcsin or out? Check the other domain that was moved for the same thing.
0 Likes
pmacjr
Visitor.

Appreciate your help darkwingmm.

NOne of the Links show closed. I checked all of the queues. I did see some messages in the Queues so I moved them in an OLD folder that I created. Reset the GW agents again just in case. Still unable to send or receive to the internet.

Do you have any other suggestion? Maybe I should just move it back to our Netware 6.5 sp8 server. Not sure what else o check. User are starting to get a bit frustrated.

Thanks, pmj
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Check to make sure the firewall on the linux box is off. If GWIA was on this server, I'd tell you to turn off postfix as well.
0 Likes
pmacjr
Visitor.

The firewall is off. GWIA was never installed on this server.

Thanks, pmj
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <pmacjr.5atvvz@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Pmacjr wrote:
> I have made sure that the GWIA has the correct PO info and that the POA
> for OES2 server has the correct paths and IP address with Bind Exclusive
> set.
>

Perhaps try without the Bind Exclusive, I have had that be a problem
once.
This sounds like drawing out a map of all the components might be of use,
and then check all the agents wpcsin/out and MSLOCAL to see where they are
queuing up. That should help you zero in to where there is a broken link
you've missed so far.
I've often white boarded all the relevant agents when troubleshooting such
an issue with a team.

Another trick I do is create a simple web page with all the agents web
interfaces listed so I can quickly go through them all.
http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/adminagents.htm

Andy Konecny
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75037

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.