Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving Groupwise Users who are Data Synchrionizer Members

FYI: Recently I consolidated users form several Post Offices into one. All was well except
for users of Data Synchonizer. They all ended in error.
The groupwise account worked, but their data sync account had to be deleted and re-initialized
before they would work.

Just an FYI, no reply needed. I will post this on the Groupwise forum.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

If you move a GW user from Post Office "A" to Post Office "B" then on the Datasync server you will need to delete the user and then re-add them, so that they reflect the new Post Office "B" I don't think you can move the user in Datasync, therefore the delete and re-add.

Hope this helps
John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the way I did it when I was consolidating 2 Post Offices was to first remove the user from Datasync Group in eDir (which I setup explicitly for Datasync users) and then I would initiate the move. Pretty much once the eDir object for the user shows that it is a member of the new PO (even before the move completes 100%), you can then add back in the user to Datasync (although personally, I would wait at least 15-20 minutes). This way, potential downtime for the GW Mobility user is minimized. Normally, no change needs to be made on the user's mobile device.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just for your information, Novell has a bug open on this issue: Bug 838522

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.