bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving linux poa 2014 to different linux poa 2014

Hi Forum,

like the subject says I'm moving a post office. It should be moved from the production server to a test server.
I followed the TID 7008877.
At Step 4. "Configure & Upgrade" -> "Select Add, provide the path to the local data, Host Address and Admin Port" the install frontend generates this error:

You cannot upgrade domains or post offices from a different system.

A note of this TID says:
The steps below will configure a new GW 2014 agent on the server, update the path and ip address and upgrade the data to 2014. If the system is already 2014, these steps will still work.

IMHO that is the correct TID for my needs but or some reason the install process runs into the above error.

So... what can I do to accomplish my needs?

Thanks in advance,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving linux poa 2014 to different linux poa 2014

It sounds to me like you are attempt to copy an existing (production) system over onto your test server, but you are still "attached" to your existing test system. Do you still have agents running on the test server that were configured for the test server?
0 Likes
Highlighted
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Danita,

thx for your response.
Both GW systems have no connections or are tied together in any circumstance. The testsystem is a complete new install with one test MTA/GWIA/POA with one local user (No LDAP).
The production system is connected via LDAP to our eDir. Maybe thats a problem?

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My concern is that your "admin console" at port 9710 is configured to talk to the test domain. That's why you are getting the error that they are different systems when you try to upgrade.
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I did not any configuration in the admin console of production servers. In the Overview are no test POAs/MTA's listed. Is there another point where I could see if the admin consoles of prod. and test talk to each other? Do I have to separate them into different networks or is it enough to block the admin port between the servers. I will go forward an test this..

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

unfortunately blocking the network traffic from/to the production server changes nothing. Still getting the message "You cannot upgrade domains or post offices from a different system."
I'm grateful for any ideas 🙂

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

more testing didn't end so well. I created a new PO in the test system and then pointed the folder to a path where I copied the production PO.
Updated the settings in the Admin Console resulted in a POA that won't start with the message "ip/port already in use"
Any other suggestion how I can migrate a POA with eDir/LDAP integration to a different GW system with non LDAP integration? Is it so hard to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.