gfontes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving the Mobilty Database to different Volume

I was hoping someone has done this and has a procedure for this, I come across Admins that install the Mobility server completely to the root volume on SLES - and then soon get tight on space.

Is there a way to move the postgres database and the logging location to a different volume? (one that can be expanded if need be) - Is there a quick and dirty way to point the configs to a different path (like you would a POA or MTA)?

Hoping someone out there has had to do this!!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Moving the Mobilty Database to different Volume

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

I had a situation where my /var partition ran out of space. I used this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009620

Essentially you add a new disk to the server, boot into recovery mode, copy the contents of the directory in question to the new disk, edit the mount points and reboot the server. The mount point for /var comes up and everything runs per usual as the applications don't see any difference. This negates the need to edit all of your applications to point to a new location. After the fact you can remove the "old" directory once you are satisfied that all is working correctly.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving the Mobilty Database to different Volume

laurabuckley;2393846 wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

I had a situation where my /var partition ran out of space. I used this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009620

Essentially you add a new disk to the server, boot into recovery mode, copy the contents of the directory in question to the new disk, edit the mount points and reboot the server. The mount point for /var comes up and everything runs per usual as the applications don't see any difference. This negates the need to edit all of your applications to point to a new location. After the fact you can remove the "old" directory once you are satisfied that all is working correctly.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

I agree with Laura. Better still though...next time read the install notes and the manual before installing. Put the application and data on a separate volume/disk where it will be much easier to upgrade space if you need to...a little planning goes a long way...

--El

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.