Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Moving users with mobilesync account duplicate address book

We have Groupwise 2014r2 with roughly 175 users. The system has been in use since WordPerfect office days. I've been moving users individually from the original system PO on Windows (moved from Netware) to new post offices on SLES. Some users have had blackberry phones, which moved to iPhone. Before moving users I run gwcheck until the log is error free.

Many of of my moves result in duplicate address books, most often the personal address book, once in a while the frequent contact book. When it happens the original address book is renamed with [1] after the name. This always makes it complicated for the uses and usually requires extra effort on the part of our sysadmin. Anyone seen anything similar?

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Moving users with mobilesync account duplicate address b

Hi,

Quick question... what are you using to sync mail/address books etc to the mobile devices, GMS?

Please let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes. Its GMS. We updated to 2014 edition right before Christmas.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

What I suggest, and this is purely based on my opinion/experience, is to remove the user from GMS before the move, move the user, then add them back to GMS. When moving users between PO's I've seen some things getting "stuck" on GMS. Often the only way to resolve this after the fact i.e after the user move, is to completely remove the user from GMS using the dsapp tool.

Should you wish to try the dsapp utility to see if it resolves your issue you may want to refer to this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7008852

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I've opened a ticket with support. We haven't found an answer yet. We did however find some serious problems with the latest GMS server. Novell gave me an updated python module today to address it. I don't know if this is the best place to describe the problem. I'll be happy to move to a different thread or another section of the forum to review it with anyone who'd like to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

That is very interesting feedback. I think that the community would benefit tremendously from this information. I recommend that you discuss it in the GMS forum found here:

https://forums.novell.com/forumdisplay.php/942-GroupWise-Mobility-Service

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.