Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Multi User Calendar Display Issue

When we moved to GW2012 one of our departments that uses a Multi User calendar (5 users in total) noticed some strange display issues.
When User1 is looking at her Multi User Calendar, the client is displaying her appointments in User2's column as well. But if you look at User2's Multi User calendar, you don't see any of User1's appointments in User2's column, so it appears to be a display issue with User1. This same issue is happening with one other user.
All users are on Client 12.0.2, Build 108211 . Interestingly if we look at the calendar on a machine running the GW8 client this display issue does not occur. I have also gone as far as rebuilding the calendar from scratch but this hasn't changed anything.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Steve
Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Multi User Calendar Display Issue

Hi Steve

There are issues with the multi-user calendar inGroupWise 2012. If you can, open an SR with Novell to get the FTF client. If you are not in a position to open an SR kindly drop me a Private massage via these forums (web interface).

Let us know how you proceed.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a user with these same issues. What is the FTF client? Currently we are using GW 2012 SP2.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

If you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Services you will receive this Field Test File patch for the GroupWise 2012 Client. It is specifically to fix issues with multi-user calenders. Please let us know if you are in a position to open an SR.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upon initial testing this patch does indeed fix the multi user calendar issue - thanks Laura!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for the feedback Steve 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Will this issue be addressed in the next service pack release of Groupwise? Currently we are on SP2.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Let me see what I can find out for you. If you don't hear back from me in a couple of days, please ping me.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Word back is that this build will be made available as shipping code in the new year. In the interim it is available via an SR with Novell and the SR should be refunded to you before it is closed.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

By shipping code do you mean the next service pack release?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Indeed I do!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK thanks Laura for your assistance!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.