Highlighted
asulpy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help exporting address book and emails

Hi everyone; I have a problem that should be easy to answer, yet I've been in contact with several IT people and 90 minutes later still have no answer. As the forum heading suggests, I am using Novell's Groupwise Webaccess. I was given an email address through my University employer, and this is the email system that they use. I have ended my contract with the university and have been given 60 days more usage of Groupwise, but I would like to keep at least some of the information in my emails.
Questions:
1) can I export my address book to... anything, really, just so I can keep my contacts?
2) is there any way I can download my emails?

This extra info may or may not be helpful:
I only have access to the web version of Groupwise
I am using a mac
I have other email accounts, including gmail, hotmail, and outlook. I don't mind exporting this info into any of them.

Thank you for your help!
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Need help exporting address book and emails

To my knowledge, none of this is possible with WebAccess.

You can see if the owner of the system will either let you connect via IMAP4/POP3 or let you export the system from the live environment (a lot of places won't allow this because it's "their" email system, thus all the content belongs to them).
0 Likes
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need help exporting address book and emails

With only webaccess, it is difficult. However, you can use cut and paste or forward the email to another account. You just have to be creative...and willing to put a little elbow grease into it.

--El

asulpy;2122549 wrote:
Hi everyone; I have a problem that should be easy to answer, yet I've been in contact with several IT people and 90 minutes later still have no answer. As the forum heading suggests, I am using Novell's Groupwise Webaccess. I was given an email address through my University employer, and this is the email system that they use. I have ended my contract with the university and have been given 60 days more usage of Groupwise, but I would like to keep at least some of the information in my emails.
Questions:
1) can I export my address book to... anything, really, just so I can keep my contacts?
2) is there any way I can download my emails?

This extra info may or may not be helpful:
I only have access to the web version of Groupwise
I am using a mac
I have other email accounts, including gmail, hotmail, and outlook. I don't mind exporting this info into any of them.

Thank you for your help!

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.