rskadish Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help installing GWIA on Linux - specify domain director

Hello all,

I am attempting to configure a GroupWise 8 GWIA on a SLES10/OES2 server. Our GroupWise 8 domain is on a NetWare 6.5 server.

When I get to the "Domain Directory" step, I am stuck. The manual says "If you are installing the Linux Internet Agent, record the eDirectory context of the Domain object in LDAP format." Therefore, I am entering "cn=vcny_do,ou=groupwise,ou=new_york,o=vcc" which is the correct LDAP context. The installer throws a "The specified domain directory does not exist or it cannot be accessed" error.

What am I doing wrong?

Question #1, is eDirectory required on the OES2 GWIA server?

Question #2, what other OES2 prerequisite(s) am I missing?

Thanks,
- Steve
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Need help installing GWIA on Linux - specify domain director

Hi,

rskadish wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am attempting to configure a GroupWise 8 GWIA on a SLES10/OES2
> server. Our GroupWise 8 domain is on a NetWare 6.5 server.

You can't do that, and even if you could, you shouldn't. The GWIA needs
*file* access to the domain database, and you do *NOT*, I repeat *NOT*
do that across the network. In other words, you need a secondary domain
installed on the same server as the GWIA.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
rskadish Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need help installing GWIA on Linux - specify domain dire

Thanks, Massimo. That's what we'll do.

Best,
- Steve
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.