Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
gflygt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New install SLES11 beta r81 DataSync Engine doesn't start

To see if my problems with not being able to login to the 8120 console, I rebooted the server. When it comes up only 3 services are running:

gwsynk:~ # rcdatasync status
Checking for DataSync Config Engine: running
Checking for DataSync Engine: dead
Checking for DataSync Web Admin: running
Checking for DataSync Connector Manager: running

And when I try to start the engine service the prompt

gwsynk:~ # rcdatasync-syncengine start
Starting DataSync Engine

hangs for "ever"

I think I'm skilled enough to to do the installation properly, since I've been in this since the first tech preview and have followed the guide created by Danita Zanré strictly all the time. But still the 81-release is not starting properly!

/Gunnar
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
gflygt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New install SLES11 beta r81 DataSync Engine doesn't star

Just some more info. I had to stop the process with Ctrl-C and got the following:

^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "syncengine/sbin/syncEngine.py", line 115, in <module>
File "syncengine/sbin/syncEngine.py", line 37, in main
File "syncengine/lib/syncengine/engine.py", line 162, in daemonize
KeyboardInterrupt

If this can be to any help. Or maybe just the expected after having interrupted the daemonize script. (But I kept it trying for at least 10 minutes, without succeeding)

/Gunnar
0 Likes
gflygt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just some more information. Running `rcdatasync status` after having interrupted the script gives.

gwsynk:~ # rcdatasync status
Checking for DataSync Config Engine: running
Checking for DataSync Engine: running
Checking for DataSync Web Admin: running
Checking for DataSync Connector Manager: running

So it seems to be running. But still I cannot login to the web interface!

/Gunnar
0 Likes
gflygt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Answering myself again. But with even more info now 😉

It is a certificate issue. I copied my inhouse certificates, as earlier to the proped places under /var/lib/datasync/ Both my webcertificate and my devicecertificate. This gives the problems stated above.

So how do I use my inhouse certificates now with the public beta?

/Gunnar
0 Likes
Highlighted
anthompson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

gflygt;2003239 wrote:
Answering myself again. But with even more info now 😉

It is a certificate issue. I copied my inhouse certificates, as earlier to the proped places under /var/lib/datasync/ Both my webcertificate and my devicecertificate. This gives the problems stated above.

So how do I use my inhouse certificates now with the public beta?

/Gunnar

First of all I'm sorry for the extreme delay on responding. Are you still seeing this issue?If, so and if by inhouse certificates you mean self-signed certificates then you can just follow these instructions: http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/data-synchronizer/ds-mobility-pack-public-beta/417914-regenerate-mobility-pem.html Many other have been having questions about self-signed certs also. If by inhouse certificate you mean something else, please explain and I'll try to help further
0 Likes
gflygt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

anthompson;2013823 wrote:
First of all I'm sorry for the extreme delay on responding. Are you still seeing this issue?If, so and if by inhouse certificates you mean self-signed certificates then you can just follow these instructions: http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/data-synchronizer/ds-mobility-pack-public-beta/417914-regenerate-mobility-pem.html Many other have been having questions about self-signed certs also. If by inhouse certificate you mean something else, please explain and I'll try to help further

Actually, since it broke, I haven't put it back to the old state. I use the (by Novell) delivered certificate for the web gui, and our own for the mobile device.

/Gunnar
0 Likes
anthompson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well if you have purchased a valid cert for your server then it should work. Who is your cert from? What devices are you trying to sync up with mobility pack? We've seen that Windows Mobile and Palm devices tends to be the most finicky about certs. Also you might need to download the cert onto the phone. One way you can do this is by going to the domain name/IP address of the mobility pack server and usually it'll prompt you to accept the cert or not.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.