Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

New post office won't start

Hello, I have a New server running sles 11 sp3 oes 11 sp 2. Running latest build of GW 2014 R2 build 123853, given to me by support. Created new post office but the POA won't start. I know it says the path to the POA should be in lower case, ours is /media/nss/DATA/POX- this is the same format that the rest of our POs that we upgraded are using. Tried rebuilding the POA, reset the SSL settings...nothing. In the POA folder the only files created are the .poa file, uid.run, wphost.db and ncpchecked. Is that right? When setting up the PO in the install console it said everything was successful. I restarted all the services and it won't start, just says failed when I try to start the POA. I tried to do this on another system and same issue. Am I missing something ?
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New post office won't start

Try copying the missing .dc files into your post office directory. They can be found at /opt/novell/groupwise/admin/data/
You'll want to copy gwpo.dc and ngwguard.dc into your post office directory.

Another good test for agents not starting is manually starting them with the --show switch.

/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwpoa --show --home /path/to/post/office &

or
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwpoa --show @/path/to/startup/po.poa &

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Shane
I did do the show switch and it did first say that the ngwguard.dc was missing.Just wasn't sure how or why or where to get it.

Thanks - copying the files seemed to fix the issue. Any reasons why this wouldn't of copied over when the PO was created? Is this common?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I haven't seen it very often, and may also depend on how the new PO was created (install page, or admin page). Could have been a connection issue with the owning domain, as it should provide the .dc files.

Glad to hear that got it going however.

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.