seluxmetall Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1292 views

New secondary Domain shows DB version 5.5

Hi,

we migrated from GW 7.03 to 8. Primary DB and PO version is 8.0. Everything runs fine so far.
But when I create a new secondary domain (C1.3h + GW8 snapins) the domain database version ist still 5.5. What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: New secondary Domain shows DB version 5.5

Hi,

seluxmetall wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> we migrated from GW 7.03 to 8. Primary DB and PO version is 8.0.
> Everything runs fine so far.
> But when I create a new secondary domain (C1.3h + GW8 snapins) the
> domain database version ist still 5.5. What could be wrong?


Absolutely nothing. It always shows 5.5 until the agents actually run
and communicate properly.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New secondary Domain shows DB version 5.5

Massimo Rosen wrote:

> It always shows 5.5 until the agents actually run
> and communicate properly.


And as an aside, although few folks would need to, this allows us "tester"
types to create anything from 5.5 forward as a "new" domain for testing -
just make sure we put proper dc files in the directory and load a 5.5, 6,
6.5, 7.0 MTA and we have a new domain with version of our choosing <g>. I'm
not sure that's WHY Novell did this, but it's very convenient!

--
Danita
Time to upgrade to GW8!
http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html
0 Likes
seluxmetall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New secondary Domain shows DB version 5.5

dzanre;1688639 wrote:
Massimo Rosen wrote:

> It always shows 5.5 until the agents actually run
> and communicate properly.


And as an aside, although few folks would need to, this allows us "tester"
types to create anything from 5.5 forward as a "new" domain for testing -
just make sure we put proper dc files in the directory and load a 5.5, 6,
6.5, 7.0 MTA and we have a new domain with version of our choosing <g>. I'm not sure that's WHY Novell did this, but it's very convenient!

--
Danita
Time to upgrade to GW8!
GroupWise 8 Upgrade Guide



Another reason to like Groupwise!

Peter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.